When planning to buy a car, the USA salvage car auction sales market is always worth considering as it gives you countless options and lets you buy your dream car at a fraction of the showroom price. Contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to be an experienced participant in public salvage car auctions to reap the benefits. All you need is adequate preparation by way of research and you are good to go. One of the things you may want to do before finalizing the deal is to inspect the vehicle. Here are some tips on how to go about your inspection when buying a car from Salvagebid auctions.
Get Expert Advice
If you don’t know your way around cars, it helps to get a little help from an experienced person, preferably a mechanic that can accompany you during the inspection. You can even hire a third party to do the inspection if time and place are a hindrance. Depending on the type of report you want, you will get information such as previous accidents, title records, serious past damage and other problems, overall vehicle history, mileage (including any odometer tampering), former uses, and open safety recalls. An inspection conducted by a mechanic will often include an estimate of repairs required to bring the car back to road-worthy condition.
Know Safety Rules and Guidelines
When planning to visit a salvage car facility to inspect a vehicle, you must always abide by set inspection safety rules and guidelines. Here is a look at the most prominent ones.
- You must always be dressed in safety vests and closed-toe shoes
- Inspection is restricted to the specific vehicle listed in our salvage car auctions
- You are only allowed access to the designated sale row
- Always remain alert to the presence of loaders and heavy equipment
- You cannot attempt to start a vehicle without the presence of a facility employee
- You cannot test drive the salvage vehicle during inspection
- Diagnostic code readers and tools of any kind are not allowed in the yard
- Always defer to a staff member if you need help or clarification of the safety rules
Vehicle inspection starts with taking a closer look at the vehicle’s photos on our website and checking the history using a reliable website such as ClearVin.com. To start bidding in different auctions including Dodge salvage car sales, register today. If you have any questions about our auctions or the vehicles listed in our inventory, feel free to reach us at +1 (360) 347-1300.