Cadillac is known to incorporate cutting-edge alarm systems in their vehicles, and the 2016 CTS-V is no different. With an overall rating of 8.3 out of 10 by the U.S. News Scorecard, the 2016 Cadillac CTS-V offers great performance, spacious interiors, and exceptional safety features. Whether you already own a 2016 Cadillac CTS-V or are looking to buy a used model from Cadillac salvage car sale from a reputable website, such as SalvageBid.com, it is important to know about its alarm system. Continuing on the subject, in this blog, we cover the basics of the 2016 Cadillac CTS-V’s alarm system. Take a look.
Enabling the Alarm
- Turn on the vehicle
- Lock the vehicle using any one of the methods:
- Keyless Access System
- RKE Transmitter
- Open one door and press the “lock” button on the inside panel.
- The alarm will activate in the next 30 seconds and the indicator light will start flashing slowly.
- Press the lock button again on the RKE transmitter to arm the system
Disabling the Alarm
- Press unlock on the RKE transmitter
- Unlock the vehicle using the Keyless Access System
- Start the vehicle
How to Avoid Accidentally Activating the Alarm System
- Never use the key to lock all vehicle doors. Instead, it is essential to use the Keyless Access System or RKE Transmitter to lock/unlock the doors.
- Always wait for everyone to leave the vehicle and all the doors to close before you lock all the doors.
- Make sure the alarm is disarmed before you open the passenger door, hood, or trunk.
The 2016 Cadillac CTS-V received a safety rating of 9.5 out of 10, making it a great choice to shortlist when looking for repossessed cars for sale. If you wish to own a 2016 CTS-V without breaking the bank, look no further than SalvageBid.com, a trusted online salvage auto auction platform. Choose from a wide range of options and bring home a CTS-V that checks all boxes. If you have any questions about our bidding process or the vehicles listed with us, fill our contact form or simply call +1 (360) 347-1300.