Last updated on: July 2, 2019
1. Introduction and Scope
2. Information Collection and Use
Salvagebid collects your personal information when you register with Salvagebid and when you use Salvagebid's Services. Salvagebid collects personal information from you and the devices (including mobile devices) you use to access Salvagebid's Services. Categories of personal information that Salvagebid collects includes without limitation: (a) identifying information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, and driver's license; (b) bidding, buying, selling, and other transaction information; (c) financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers; (d) other information you provide to Salvagebid through your use of Salvagebid's Services; and (e) other information Salvagebid is required or authorized by applicable law to collect to identify you or verify other information collected.
Salvagebid collects your personal information to (a) provide you with access to and use of Salvagebid's Services, (b) operate, improve, and personalize Salvagebid's Services, (c) contact you regarding your use of the Services, (d) provide you with customer service and support, (e) customize Salvagebid's advertising and marketing, and (f) to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
Salvagebid automatically collects certain personal information from you and your devices (including mobile devices) and stores it in log files. Categories of personal information that Salvagebid collects in this manner include without limitation: (a) internet protocol (IP) addresses, (b) browser type, (c) internet service provider (ISP), (d) referring/exit pages, (e) operating system, (f) date/time stamp, and (g) clickstream data. Salvagebid uses this personal information and technologies such as beacons, tags and scripts to analyze trends, to administer Salvagebid's Services, to track your movements around the Website, and to gather demographic information about Salvagebid's member base as a whole.
4. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Salvagebid does not share your personal information with third-parties or nonaffiliated entities except in the following circumstances: (a) when Salvagebid has your permission or pursuant to your request; (b) to process or facilitate your purchase, sale, or shipment of any vehicle through Salvagebid's Services; (c) to state, federal, or other administrative, regulatory agencies as part of the title or ownership transfer process; (d) in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal or arbitration process; (e) to establish or exercise Salvagebid's, or an affiliate of Salvagebid’s, rights or defend against claims; or (f) if Salvagebid reasonably believes that doing so is required or is in Salvagebid's best interest to protect its rights or the rights of others affiliated with Salvagebid.
5. International Visitors and Customers
Salvagebid reserves the right to send you certain communications relating to Salvagebid's Services and your account with Salvagebid, including but not limited to notifications, service announcements, and administrative messages without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. Your access to and use of some or all of Salvagebid's Services may not be possible if you do not wish to receive these communications.
7. Data Storage
8. Confidentiality and Security
Salvagebid has physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect your personal information. If Salvagebid learns of a security systems breach, Salvagebid may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using Salvagebid's Services or otherwise providing personal information to Salvagebid, you agree that Salvagebid can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of Salvagebid's Services. Salvagebid may post a notice on Salvagebid's Website if a security breach occurs. Salvagebid may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify Salvagebid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salvagebid takes your security seriously and takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, no data transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The following is a summary of the measures Salvagebid takes to protect your personal information:
- Secure Socket Layer Encryption: Salvagebid uses Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") encryption when transmitting certain kinds of personal information, such as financial services information or payment information. An icon resembling a padlock is displayed on the bottom of most browsers window during SSL transactions that involve credit cards and other forms of payment. Any time Salvagebid asks you for a credit card number for payment or for verification purposes, it will be SSL encrypted. The information you provide will be stored securely on servers. Once you choose to store or enter your credit card number on Salvagebid, it will not be displayed back to you in its entirety when you retrieve or edit it in the future. Instead of the entire number, you will only see asterisks and either the first four digits or the last four digits of your number.
- Vendors and Partners: Salvagebid works with vendors and partners to protect the security and privacy of user information.
- Employee and Contractor Access to Information: Salvagebid limits access to your personal information to those employees who Salvagebid reasonably believes need to come into contact with that information to provide you with use of and access to Salvagebid's Services.
- Education and Training for Employees: Salvagebid has implemented a company-wide education and training program about security that is required of every Salvagebid employee.
9. Contacting Salvagebid
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Salvagebid at:
700 N Hayden Island Drive, Suite 320
Portland, OR 97217 USA